Thursday, December 15, 2011

"Maybe"

I can't tell if I'm falling for you, or if I am just being stupid.
I get nervous when you call.

I run out of things to say when you upset me...
I cried when I thought you were mad at me
I smiled when you called me Kitten.
I worry when you worry,
I stress when you're stressed.
When you say something is wrong with you
I want to make whatever it is
go away.

Maybe I'm just another stupid teenager
Who doesn't know what she wants.
Maybe this will just be another mistake
Because I fall so easy,
I fell for you so much easier.
Maybe I'm setting myself up for disaster,
Maybe I'll freak out in front of you and you won't want me anymore. Maybe I'll have a panic attack and flashbacks
Of things I care never to see again.
Maybe you'll see what I try so hard to hide away
From anyone who looks at me.
Maybe you'll see the hand prints on my body,
The grey hairs from unneeded stress.

Maybe you'll see me.

Maybe I'll get lucky...
And you'll be blind to the small things that add up so quick.
Maybe you'll look past everything bad about me
And see the parts of me that no one ever looked hard enough to see.

Maybe you'll love me.

Original Posted Date: Wednesday September 07, 2011

***The painting is NOT my work***

No comments:

Post a Comment